Panthers sign first-round pick Derrick Brown
- NFL to discuss canceling preseason
- Redskins to hold formal review of name
- Browns TE Njoku makes trade request
- Packers hopeful for limited spectators
- NFL to play Black anthem before anthem
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) The Panthers have signed Derrick Brown, the seventh overall pick in the NFL draft, to a four-year contract.
The 6-foot-5, 325-pound defensive tackle was a standout at Auburn, earning consensus All-America honors last season and finishing his college career with 170 tackles, 13 sacks and 33 1/2 tackles for loss. He's expected to start right away for the Panthers under first-year coach Matt Rhule.
Brown is Carolina's first pick to sign.
Brown said on Twitter that he's thankful for this opportunity and "it's just the beginning of a marathon."
More AP NFL coverage: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated May 13, 2020