Tyler Wade traded from New York Yankees to Angels
- Twins activate Correa, option SS Lewis
- Harvey 60-game ban for drug distribution
- Astros hit 5 HRs in 2nd, rout Red Sox
- Phils' Harper out after injection shot
- Judge homers twice as Yankees edge O's
NEW YORK (AP) Speedy utility player Tyler Wade was traded from the New York Yankees to the Los Angeles Angels on Monday for a player to be named or cash.
Wade was designated for assignment Friday when the Yankees needed roster spots to protect prospects ahead of the winter meeting draft.
The speedy 26-year-old infielder and outfielder hit .268 (34 for 127) with five doubles, one triple, five RBIs and 17 stolen bases in 103 games last season.
He has a .212 batting average (92 for 433) with six homers and 33 RBIs over parts of five big league seasons.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated November 22, 2021