Michael Lorenzen, Tigers finalize $8.5M, 1-year contract
- MLB allows some pitch clock delays
- Ohtani Ks Trout to give Japan WBC title
- Altuve has surgery on broken right thumb
- Manfred: Make star Ps available for WBC
- Phillies won't put Harper on 60-day IL
(AP Photo/Alex Gallardo, File)
DETROIT (AP) Right-hander Michael Lorenzen and the Detroit Tigers finalized their $8.5 million, one-year contract on Tuesday.
Lorenzen was 8-6 with a 4.24 ERA in 18 starts last season with the Los Angeles Angels. Since making his major league debut with the Cincinnati Reds in 2015, he is 31-29 with a 4.10 ERA.
The 30-year-old Lorezen began his career as a starter before mostly pitching out of the bullpen for the Reds.
He can earn an additional $1.5 million in performance bonuses for innings: $250,000 each for 100, 125, 150, 175, 195 and 205.
AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated December 20, 2022