Red Sox trade Seabold to Rockies for player to be named
- Rookie Volpe wins Yanks' starting SS job
- Braves to place RHP Wright on IL
- Yanks P Severino likely to start on IL
- Cards extend Mikolas 2 years through '25
- Ohtani returns, fans 8 in minors game
BOSTON (AP) Right-hander Connor Seabold was traded by the Boston Red Sox to the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday for a player to be named or cash.
The 26-year-old Seabold was designated for assignment last week to clear room on the 40-man roster following the signing of Corey Kluber to a $10 million, one-year contract.
Seabold spent most of last season with Triple-A Worcester, going 8-2 with a 3.32 ERA and 89 strikeouts. He made six career major league appearances with Boston, allowing 25 earned runs in 21.1 innings with 19 strikeouts.
AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 17, 2023